Michael O'Brien Litigation Lawyers Brisbane
This firm is designed to provide litigation services. We do not offer criminal law or family law services nor do we provide any but the simplest property law or conveyancing advice. The result is that we can focus on construction and commercial litigation in both law and equity.
We offer assistance in most Brisbane Courts and Tribunals including:
- The Administrative Appeals Tribunal, particularly for tax matters
- The Queensland Commercial and Administrative Tribunal, especially for building disputes up to $50,000
- The Magistrates Court for matters under $150,000
- The Planning & Environment Court for disputes or appeals relating to Council approvals.
- The Supreme Court for larger disputes over $750,000
- The Federal Magistrates Court for bankruptcy matters up to $750,000
- The Federal Court, particularly for Trade Practices claims over $750,000
The Principal is an experienced litigator, adjudicator and mediator with experience in exploring sensible commercial realities wherever possible. If settlement of a dispute is not possible without recourse to litigation then we are able to put together a proficient experienced legal and expert team to present to the Court the best possible case on your behalf.
We have dealt with a broad range of matters including:
- Appeals from Courts or administrative decisions by Government Departments or agencies
- Breach of duty by company directors
- Breach of trust
- Building and Construction Industry Payment claims
- Business disputes
- Contract disputes
- Corporate insolvency
- Debt recovery
- Development Approval disputes
- Disputes in Tort
- Equitable disputes including breach of Trust or fiduciary duties
- Franchise disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Partnership disputes
- Sale of goods dispute
- Subcontractors' charges
- Tax administration disputes
- Trade Practices disputes
- Any many others
Click here to Contact Michael O'Brien Today!